Engineering Writing Program
Communication-the articulation and transmission of ideas and findings-is crucial to scientific and technological progress. Realizing this, the University of Southern California Andrew and Erma Viterbi School of Engineering created the Engineering Writing Program to help both undergraduate and graduate students conceive of communication as an integral part of work in their fields and improve communications skills, both written and verbal.
- New Courses for Ph.D. Students:
Click here to view a sample syllabus for ENGR 502x, Writing Skills for Engineering Ph.D. Students
Click here to view a sample syllabus for ENGR 503x, Oral Communication Skills for Engineering Ph.D. Students
- Engineering Writing Program in the News!
- Click here to read about Agriculture Training for Orphans in Mozambique
- Click here and here to read about Engineering Writing Program students designing a community center for the South African region of Limpopo.
- Click here to read about the Engineering Writing Program/ KIUEL's computer literacy project at the Alexander Science Center School. This project is sponsored USC Neighborhood Outreach (UNO).
- Click here to read about Engineering Writing Program students helping deliver water and power resources to the township of N'Djili in the Democratic Republic of Congo
- Click here to read about Viterbi Engineering Writing Program Students Install New Barcode System for LAPD
- Click here to read about Viterbi Engineering Writing Center
- Click here to read about the APA Style Guide to Electronic References